Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Personal Diary

I was born in Penang on 24th June 1979. I was exposed to music in the church since young but was given a proper piano lesson at the age of eight. I had completed grade 8 in 1996 and start teaching in 1997. In 1998, I entered Teachers' Training college. I graduated there in 2001 and won the best music student award. I started teaching in a primary school in Kepong immediately on the day I graduated. In 2002, I continue to teach piano besides teaching in the primary school. In 2005, I was sent to Singapore by 'Akademi Muzik Seimpi' to have courses on young children.

I had joined a few piano competitions. I won the first prize for the piano competition organized by Ritma Music Centre when I was 12 and third prize in the Zon Keramat music talent competition when I was 13 years old.

Currently, I am a private piano tutor and also a music teacher in Sekolah Sri Bestari. As piano teacher, I had entered quite a number of students for competition. In year 2008, one of my student, Wong Ben Yew had entered the final for the piano competition organized by Roland while Kong Pek Kuan and Kong Kin Hon entered the final for duet piano. Besides this, I am also working as an vocal accompanist for both vocal examination and competitions.

No comments: